DAVID C. SOLINGER
firstname.lastname@example.org 355 S. Grand Ave., Suite 2450 Los Angeles, CA 90071 (213) 943-1383
ALTERNATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION & SPECIALTIES
- Privately Retained Arbitrator and Mediator 1993-Present
Subject matters include:
Mediator and arbitrator in Asbestos Trust and asbestos related disease cases including Mesothelioma and Asbestos Pleural Disease; Mediating high profile consumer fraud cases in the banking industry.
Environmental Law and related Insurance issues;
Personal Injury/Property Damage; General Civil matters; Real Property; Construction Defects; Business/Contractual/Commercial; Insurance coverage and bad faith matters. Participated on an Arbitration Panel and was jointly selected as an arbitrator by counsel for plaintiff and defendant in hundreds of personal injury/property damage binding arbitrations.
- American Arbitration Association — National Roster of Arbitrator and Mediator Neutrals
- United States District Court Central District of California Mediation Panel Member
- Pepperdine University School of Law Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
Advanced Mediator Training—Mediating the Litigated Case August 2012
- Los Angeles County Superior Court, Arbitrator 1995-2005
- Los Angeles County Court System, Judge Pro Tem (Civil and small claims) 1995-2005
Law Office of David C. Solinger, A Professional Law Corp. Covina CA, and Los Angeles, CA
Principal Attorney/Owner/Shareholder/Mediator/Arbitrator 1997-Present
- Established suburban Los Angeles law firm catering to the needs of clients requiring special expertise in complex land use matters, civil litigation, corporations, real estate and personal injury. Employ up to three lawyers and multiple paralegals and support staff.
- Southern California Super Lawyer in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Analyze liability exposure and insurance policy interpretation for policy holders in uninsured, under-insured and excess policy demand cases.
- Protect underinsured clients from personal liability by focusing opposing counsel on other defendants, alternate causation issues and resolving suits within policy limits.
- Pursue bad faith insurance litigation following analysis of primary, excess and umbrella policies.
- Represent both buyers and sellers in large complex real property transactions.
- Represent both buyers and sellers in all aspects of intricate business sales and purchases.
- General Counsel to businesses including the 2nd largest manufacturer of transmission parts in the United States focusing on representation related to operations, products liability, human resources and employment matters, insurance and liability exposure, real estate including leases, purchases and sales.
- Engage in all aspects of plaintiff personal injury practice including multiparty catastrophic injury cases.
- Represent clients with land use, real estate and related business issues before various governmental bodies including planning commissions, city councils and board of supervisor meetings.
- Review and drafting of business contracts and leases including residential and commercial property.
Hunsucker Goodstein PC, Los Angeles, CA and Lafayette, CA
Of Counsel 1997-2015
- Litigate a variety of environmental matters for a boutique environmental litigation firm with offices in California, Colorado, and Washington, D.C. Sole attorney in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Responsible for significant litigation activities including court appearances, discovery and discovery disputes, joint defense group activities and communication with litigation counsel.
- Cases include representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in complex environmental matters including clients with potential responsibility in connection with CERCLA and compliance with governmental regulations as well as insurance coverage, contribution and indemnity claims.
- Served as lead counsel on remand for a client who while represented by other counsel was successful at the trial court but was reversed on appeal. On remand, the general liability carrier offered to settle the claims of the California Department of Toxic Substances Control for $30,000 and a policy buyback. Six weeks after retention and three mediation sessions later the matter was successfully settled for $500,000.
- Successfully defended an automobile parts manufacturer in nine separate coordinated mass toxic tort and groundwater contamination cases brought by over 2,000 plaintiffs and the Environmental Protection Agency. Analyzed, litigated and directed the entire statute of limitations defense for over 50 companies and served as one of the leaders of the joint defense group litigation effort.
- Successfully negotiated the resolution of all claims for a large national corporation brought by over 3,200 plaintiffs in a mass toxic tort case and settled the matters within the client’s policy limits.
- Participated in the defense of an estimated $200 million groundwater clean-up case. Responsible for prosecuting cross actions against the United States Department of Defense for activities of the United States Army during World War II, at the site. Identified, interviewed and deposed soldiers serving at the site in the 1940’s. Developed evidence of liability of the United States for operations of the United States Army at the site by finding the only evidence of shipments of ordnance to the site. Responsible for multiple client employee witness deposition preparation and deposition defense. Initiated, drafted and argued multiple successful discovery motions before the Special Discovery Master and on subsequent appeals. The United States ultimately agreed to contribute over $21.5 million to the cleanup.
Occidental Land Research, West Covina, CA
In House Counsel 1978-1979
- Analyzed, litigated and negotiated leases for a large professional general partner, real estate developer and syndicator.
- Principally responsible for all legal aspects of investor relations involving hundreds of investors in over three hundred limited partnerships throughout the United States.
- Directed, supervised and coordinated activities of outside counsel.
- Responsible for addressing all aspects of legal issues involving over 300 investor owned properties.
- Reviewed coverage and insurance policies for large commercial losses, primarily under commercial general liability policies.
Congressman Jim Lloyd
Public Relations Advisor and Finance Director, West Covina, CA 1976-1977
- Primary responsibility for all fundraising in the successful election of Jim Lloyd running against twelve competitors. Responsibilities included donation solicitation, scheduling and organizing campaign fundraising activities, preparation of press releases and compliance with campaign finance laws.
Southwestern University School of Law
California State University Los Angeles
A. Social Science/ Government 1972
Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society (top 5% of University)
Associated Men’s Student’s Vice President and Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity member
Federal Courts: United States Supreme Court, 9th Circuit Court of Appeals,
United States District Courts of California: Central, Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts
ASSOCIATIONS and OTHER RECOGNITIONS
- Martindale Hubble AV Peer Review-Rated 2005-Present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association 1980-Present
- Los Angeles County Bar Environmental Law Executive Committee 2005-2008
- East San Gabriel Valley Bar Association 1990-2005
- West Covina Planning Commission, Chairman, Vice Chairman 1991-2000
- West Covina Redevelopment Appeals Board, Chairman 1993